|View printer-friendly version|
Sunrun installs a new solar system every 2.3 minutes on average and has created more than 4,000 local jobs, and thousands more through its partners. Sunrun customers have enjoyed clean, reliable energy and saved more than
"Sunrun is helping our country decarbonize and transforming the way that we power our lives,” said Lynn Jurich, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Sunrun. "Our work is creating quality local jobs and reducing pollution in our air and water. Sunrun’s business model benefits everyone: our customers and employees, the communities in which we operate, and is a model for a more effective energy system for the world.”
The report details Sunrun’s momentum in 2018 as the industry leader, creating value for all stakeholders through its operations, and embracing sustainability and responsibility across all aspects of its business.
Highlights from the report include:
- Sunrun’s systems have now prevented greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions totaling 3.7 million metric tons of carbon dioxide, the equivalent to eliminating over 9 billion passenger-vehicle miles.
- Sunrun’s systems continue to prevent the emission of other forms of pollutants as well, including more than 1 million metric tons of nitrogen oxide in 2018, an increase from 2016 and 2017.
- In 2018, Sunrun strengthened its commitment to expand access to solar, which included a new goal of developing 100 megawatts of solar on affordable housing in California by 2028.
- Sunrun committed to and achieved 100% gender pay parity for its employees in 2018, becoming the first national solar company to do so.
- Nearly 5,000 Brightbox solar-powered home battery systems have been installed since launching the program in 2017.
- Consumers have saved an estimated
$300 millionon their electricity bills using Sunrun’s ‘solar-as-a-service’ model.
- Sunrun installs a new solar system every 2.3 minutes on average.
- The company launched its service in new markets, including Illinois and Puerto Rico, and expanded its offering in Florida and Massachusetts.
To read the full report, please visit: sunrun.com/impact
Sunrun (Nasdaq:RUN) is the nation’s largest residential solar, battery storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with their solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity. The company designs, installs, finances, insures, monitors and maintains the systems, while families receive predictable pricing for 20 years or more. The company also offers a home solar battery service, Sunrun Brightbox, that manages household solar energy, storage and utility power. For more information, please visit: www.sunrun.com.
+1 (201) 679-9507
Investor & Analyst Contact:
Vice President, Finance & Investor Relations
+1 (415) 510-4986
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/97054bb2-2328-4630-b9ef-25a7f43f48fa
Source: Sunrun Inc.